Wednesday 7 February 2018

UNIT 4: FUNCTIONAL LANGUAGE

ASKING FOR HELP ON THE PHONE

  • I'VE JUST BOUGHT ... AND I'VE GOT A PROBLEM WITH IT..
  • COULD YOU EXPLAIN HOW TO ... ( + infinitive) ?
  • CAN YOU TELL ME ...?
  • COULD YOU HELP ME WITH ... PLEASE?
  • I NEED SOME HELP WITH ...
  • GOOD AFTERNOON.  ... MR/ MS...SPEAKING.
  • COULD I SPEAK TO ..., PLEASE?
  • I'M CALLING BECAUSE ...
  • CAN I TAKE YOUR NAME, PLEASE?
  • WOULD YOU MIND SPELLING THAT FOR ME ?
  • THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.

DIALOGUE

-ASSISTANT: Good afternoon, customer support, Tom speaking.
-DEBBIE: Oh, hello. Could you help me with my mobile phone, please? I've jus bought it and I've got a problem with it.
-ASSISTANT: Certainly. Firstly, can I take your name, please?
-DEBBIE: Debbie Sherbourne.
-ASSISTANT: Would you mind spelling your surname for me?
-DEBBIE: Sure. S-H-E-R-B-O-U-R-N-E
-ASSISTANT: Thank you Ms. Sherbourne. How can I help you with your phone?
-DEBBIE: Well, I've already charged the battery and I have switched it on, but I can't get on the Internet. Can you explain how to do this, please?
-ASSISTANT: Of course. Let me put you through to a technician who will be able to explain this to you.
-DEBBIE: OK, That's great. Thank you very much for your help.
-ASSISTANT: You're welcome. Good bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment