Monday 15 January 2018

ENGLISH AND GEOGRAPHY PROJECT




GUIDELINES:
  • Make pairs.
  • Choose one city of an English-speaking country and write a comment on your      teacher´s blog saying the city you have chosen and the student's name you are going to work with.
  • Title the project.
  • Create a PREZI or a POWER POINT presentation (a video about some aspects of the city can be included) with the following sections:
  1. A short historical introduction of the city and the historical transformation: monuments, highlights...
  2. Country and continent where the city is located.
  3. Hemisphere and relation to the equator, prime meridian and tropic lines.
  4. Distance from your home town.
  5. Time zone.
  6. Population (social groups, important people, main features, problems, main activities...) and area city (habitats, types of cities...)
  7. Current season and what seasons are like.
  8. Ecosystem and climate.
  9. Environmental issues.
  10. Bibliography.    
REMEMBER:
  • AVOID LONG AND BORING PARAGRAPHS.
  • ADD HELPFUL WEBSITES AT THE END OF THE PROJECT.
  • POST YOUR PROJECT ON YOUR OWN BLOG/PORTFOLIO.
  • SEND THE PROJECT TO YOUR GEOGRAPHY AND ENGLISH TEACHERS.
  • YOUR PRESENTATION WILL BE HELD IN THE GEOGRAPHY AND ENGLISH CLASSES.
  • WE WILL ASSESS YOUR ORAL SKILLS, INTERACTION, FLUENCY, ORIGINALITY, CREATIVITY, THE USE OF SPECIFIC GEOGRAPHY VOCABULARY, WRITING SKILLS, DIGITAL COMPETENCE, YOUR MANNER OF PRESENTATION AND OF COURSE,THE GEOGRAPHY AND HISTORY CONTENTS.

DEADLINE: 23rd. FEBRUARY.

18 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm Bea and I'm going to work with Isabel. The city we have chosen is Newcastle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm José Manuel, I'm going to work with Miguel. The city we have chosen is Las Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello isabel i'm pablo and i'n going to do the work with esther , the city trhat we have been chosen is MIAMI

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm Mario and I'm going to work with David. We have chosen Los Angeles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi!I'm Elia and I'm going to work in this project with Marina. We have chosen Ottawa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm Adrián Fernández from 3ºB. I am going to work with Jesús and we have chosen Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi. I am Rafa and I am going to work with Iker. The city we have chosen is Liverpool

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm Pablo Moreno from 3C.

    I'm going to work with Cristina. We're going to do it about SAN FRANCISCO

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm Alex and I'm going to work with Héctor. We have chosen Toronto.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm Rodrigo, I'm going to work with tony and we are going to do about London

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello we are Nacho and Alex and we are going to talk about MANCHESTER

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi! I'm Carla. I'm going to do my new project with Isis, and we're going to talk about AUCKLAND CITY

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi! I´m going to do this project with Rafa, and we are going to talk about Liverpool.

    ReplyDelete
  18. We have chosen DUBLIN.We are Mario and Juan of 3B

    ReplyDelete